Spectral luminescent magnifier Regula 4177
The magnifier is intended for advanced authenticity verification of passports, ID cards, and other travel documents, visa stamps and seals, including but not limited to entry permits, banknotes, driving licenses, vehicle registration certificates and other vehicle related documents, signatures and handwriting fragments, revenue and special stamps, securities and other documents with security features.
Regula 4177 is a compact USB device designed in plastic body in the form of a computer mouse. The product power supply, control, displaying and processing images are carried out via a PC and Regula Forensic Studio software.
The magnifier can be used as a separate authenticity verification device or together with a light table Regula 4167, an optical module Regula 4178, information reference systems.
- Law-enforcement agencies
- Forensic laboratories
- Financial institutions
- Border control/immigration services
- Customs authorities
- Other agencies and organizations authorized to check documents
- Obtaining and processing of images
- Examinations on different levels:
- protection of the document basis
- security fibers, planchetes, security threads, holograms, foil stamping, pole feature, transparent vanish coating, etc.
- printing methods
- intaglio: texts, guiloche frames, rosettes and vignettes, microprinting, latent images and moire patterns, signs for the visually impaired, blind embossing, colour shifting ink, including OVI with embossing and latent images, etc.
- letterpress: serial numbers, texts, barcodes, etc.
- offset printing including Orlov and rainbow printing: texts, microprinting, moire patterns, background and anti-copy patterns, etc.
- screen printing: security features with optically variable effects, etc.
- see-through register
- physicochemical protection
- anti-Stokes luminescence
- UV luminescence with different wavelength
- IR luminescence
- complex security features
- security features with IR-metameric ink
- special polymer coating of security laminates
- metallized coating
- laser engraving
- Additional examination of:
- fragments of document images depending on the degree of absorption or reflection of IR light
- document alterations such as erasure, etching etc.
- traces of signature forgery
- extraneous lines (do not originally belong to the examined object) that are performed with IR opaque inks
- blurred, crossed out entries, texts and images
- document mechanical defects such as cuts, tears, folds, etc.
Download brochure for Regula 4177 device